Sarada Vidyalayam consists of three schools – Primary, High and Vocational. While the primary School provides instructions in grades one to five, the High School covers grades six to ten. The Vocationl School provides much needed job skills to unemployed youth in the region. Sarada Vidyalayam opened its doors in 1992 with 25 children enrolled in grade one. This year the total strength of the students is 165 and usual 60% are girls.
The School follows the state Government syllabus. In addition to the academic subjects children are encouraged to participate in activities such as gardening, drawing, painting, sewing, embroidery, yoga, dance, drama and crafts. The children of the school have done very well academically as well as in extra curricular activities. The School has been formally recognised for its achievements and designated as a model school in the district. The primary school is free for children. The children receive lunch, milk, uniforms, shoes, books, schoolbags, transportation, medical checkups and medicines free of cost.
The Vocation school is invaited with 3 facilities. They are Ophthalmic Assistant a Training and Basic Computer Skills .
Many people and organizations have extend their valuable support for the development of the school. Many thanks to the following
- ASHA NY/NJ, USA
- ASHA Arizona, USA
- Ms. S. Hema, Kakinada
- Late. A. Shantha, Chennai.
- Dr. D.S.D.Shyamala, Kakinada
- Ms. MichileDussault – Danis, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada.
- Mr.John and Mrs. Theresa Kryski, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Park Avenue Elementary School, Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada.
- Dr.K.S.R.Murthy and Mrs. Lakshmi Murthy, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.
- The Ontario Engliah Catholic Teachers Association, Toronto , Ontario, Canada.
- The Principal, staff and students of St. Isidore School, Kanata, Ontario, Canada.
- The Principal, staff and students of St. Gregory Catholic School, Nepean, Ontario, Canada.